Wayne Brothers is a sustainable company that participates in environmentally friendly and green activities in our processes and on our job sites. We work hard each day to meet the needs of the present world while striving to improve the world for future generations. Below are the ways WBI is working hard to reduce our carbon footprint to improve the communities in which we live and work.
WBI's Green Initiatives:
• All waste oil, transmission fluid, and brake fluid are 100% recycled and are reused for
heating our Maintenance Shop.
• All engine coolant (antifreeze) is 100% recycled.
• All vehicle and motor equipment batteries are recycled.
• Used cardboard, plastics, and aluminum are 100% recycled.
• Plans and office paper are 100% recycled.
• Leftover project steel is 100% recycled.
• Extended vehicle service intervals from 3,000 to 5,000 miles for on-road vehicles.
• All maintenance shop rags are washable, not disposable.
• Installed new high-efficiency HVAC units for our Main Office in 2010.
• Installed programmable thermostats in our Main Office in 2010.
• Change HVAC filters quarterly to maintain efficiency
• Office Lights are being changed from T-12 to T-8.
• Purchasing new grading equipment with Grade Control (GPS) System,
web-based maintenance program, and Tier 3 engines for improved efficiency.
• Introducing alternative fuel vehicles for our fleet.